The review I really have in mind will be attempted for this book only after I finish reading Claudius the God (to quench the burning curiosity of how this ‘Clau-Clau-Claudius’, a man, who in the first shock of being made emperor had this outrageous thought come rushing to his mind – “So, I’m Emperor, am I? What nonsense! But at least I’ll be able to make people read my books now.”, will conduct himself as a God-Emperor), The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic, so that I can apply the same criteria for reviewing any work of history, as suggested by Claudius (original source for much of Pliny’s work) himself, through Livius and Pollio (all works unfortunately lost).
Meanwhile, have a short and enjoyable snapshot sampling of the book by going through the-easy-to-follow family tree given below. Ah, the tales that can be told while tracing those lines…
- BOOK REVIEW: Claudius Caesar: Image and Power in the Early Roman Empire (strategypage.com)
- Ancient Rome & the Bible (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Travel Tip #7b – Worshiping the Roman Emperor (holylandphotos.wordpress.com)
- The secular and historical account on the existence of Jesus(1) (lambfollower.wordpress.com)
- I, Claudius By Robert Graves (bacaklasik.wordpress.com)