RSS

The Greatest Story Ever Told

20 Jul

One day, next to the wine dark sea,
…….I awoke and I realized —
…………..I had dreamt The Greatest Story Ever Told.
How excited was I, how thrilled the world,
…….How restless the morning and how anxious the winds:
…………..Every bird called to me, every cloud stopped to watch,
…………………Every ear of nature tuned in silent concentration.
I woke and I stretched, all luxurious, at ease,
…….What is the hurry now, the greatest work is done.
I sat down gently, next to the smoothest boulder on shore,
…….As the wine dark sea held its breath, and stilled its roar,
…………..I looked at the dust covering the stone,
…………………and the breeze cleaned it away, hurriedly;
…………..I got ready to write,
…………………and the birds brought a scroll, double-quick;
…………..I opened my hands,
…………………and a pen appeared, nature’s rules no longer patient —
For The Greatest Story Ever Told
…….Was about to be told.

Advertisements

12 Comments

Posted by on July 20, 2012 in Books, Creative, Philosophy, Poetry, Thoughts

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “The Greatest Story Ever Told

1. celestealluvial

July 20, 2012 at 10:53

Awesome! I relate to this….I actually feel this way about my current project, lol…. Love how you dream….I share similar sentiments as you, of that all consuming, enthralling love for writing…..thanks for sharing this….
    Celeste

• SuperTramP

July 20, 2012 at 11:28

Thanks 🙂

But the poem is not meant to be entirely bright lights and christmas… it is more about how the great act of creation is always ‘on the verge’, so to speak. Plus the few allusions hope to transform the whole thing into a sort of dramatic monologue of an epic poet…

• celestealluvial

July 20, 2012 at 11:31

Yes, that shone through, no worries….I zoned in on my own mirrored feelings where they are strongest inside myself at this time……I sensed the depth of what you just explained, too…..you wrote it very well, truly…. 🙂

• SuperTramP

July 20, 2012 at 11:35

But all the best with your project nevertheless! Keep the love. 🙂

• celestealluvial

July 20, 2012 at 11:38

Ahhhhh, thank you my friend…. and a healthy dose of good wishes to you too….:)

2. Rohini

July 20, 2012 at 12:27

Reblogged this on ging717 and commented:
    The exhilarating feeling just before the realization of creativity at its best captured in the words of a poet! Simply beautiful.

3. janereads

July 20, 2012 at 12:54

I really liked this poem, especially the line: ‘How restless the morning and how anxious the winds.’

4. Anonymous

July 25, 2012 at 10:58

good
    very true

5. Rona

July 25, 2012 at 13:07

SuperTramp that was lovely written. Smooth and a soft touch to your words. So Little Words Can say So Much… Nice! I know i will enjoy reading the other posts. Keep them coming.

• SuperTramP

July 25, 2012 at 13:52

Thank you so much Rona! So glad that you enjoyed it.

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" - Walt Whitman

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s