Too much of Brave New World to start off with and too similar to The Time Machine (with the master and slave races thread) for the rest of the book. It is tough to keep a book together with only one interesting character, especially when it is not the main character, and sticks around for less than a third of the story. All in all, the book had me bored out of my senses waiting for something new to happen.
Maybe it was a mistake to not read Ringworld first. It is going to be hard for me to come back to Niven after this drudge-fest.
- Lord of the Ringworld: In Praise of Larry Niven (sailingthevoid.wordpress.com)
- My Reading Life: Lucifer’s Hammer (readmorebooks.wordpress.com)
- … And Stories To Tell (justaddstory.wordpress.com)
- A Dance of Eight Stars (rosieoliver.wordpress.com)
- A Reading Life: Footfall (readmorebooks.wordpress.com)
- More Than Alien: Larry Niven’s Protector (tor.com)