RSS

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson – A Master Biography

05 Nov

Steve JobsSteve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Never expected to find this much enjoyment reading a biography. Isaacson has truly done a wonderful job with this book.

For those who are too busy to read the entire book, please try to at least read the last two chapters of the book at a book store or something – These chapters are a concise summary of the entire book as well as the thesis Isaacson has been building throughout the book, and will probably make you buy and read the whole thing anyway.

To call this man a “Great Marketer” is probably a great disservice to him and Steve would probably have had a fit about that. I used to think of him as an epitome of modern marketing as well, but his attitude to marketing could probably be classified as ‘evil’ in his radar. He hated the idea of any company focusing on marketing and emphatically states that is the whole problem with most companies today. This is probably a difficult idea to get to grips with…

I hope every Management Guru and CEO is studying this book and drawing the right lessons. We could truly be in a better world if they do. I am not a fan of all apple products though I am sure the Mac is the best tech device till date and I fall on the android side of the fence.

But Jobs’ philosophy on running companies and driving innovation is the best in the modern age and should be copied shamelessly.

About these ads

19 Comments

Posted by on November 5, 2011 in Book Reviews, Books, Thoughts, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson – A Master Biography

1. gain muscle lose fat

December 6, 2011 at 22:36

My brother suggested I would possibly like this web site. He was once totally right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks! Cheers from France!

• Haytham

February 24, 2013 at 12:05

Apple was a succesfull name aladelry, being the record label of Beatles. Later Apple Corp.Very popular in youth market.Jobs bought right to that name, promising to stay out of music business. Then violated that.And faced lawsuit.So, no other farm product would have had the same effect.

2. Tonsillectomy Procedure

December 10, 2011 at 09:50

Hello! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

• SuperTramP

December 15, 2011 at 08:03

thnks!

• James

February 24, 2013 at 13:02

Olha sf3 aguardo pra ver este livro.Led o Inside Steve’s Brain que je1 achei iennressatte, mas uma biografia com o consentimento do prf3prio seria melhor ainda.

• Katsue

February 22, 2013 at 07:14

it’s so great that you know all the answers and you’ve got them from your god. Good for you. You are rlelay fallowing the teaches of your religion.You know not judging and understanding that kind of stuff and it is so great that you are showing your faith to us we are so interested. Hail the roman empire and it’s greatest political machine (the church)!

3. melhor tratamento celulite

February 1, 2012 at 21:17

There are actually loads of details like that to take into consideration. That is a nice level to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as common inspiration but clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up the place crucial factor will probably be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round issues like that, however I am certain that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Each boys and girls feel the influence of only a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

4. Diety odchudzajace

February 9, 2012 at 02:04

Welcome! I really like your blog and I will surely visit your blog again, so I hope you’ll write something new.

5. Diety

February 9, 2012 at 02:59

Hi! I really enjoy your website and I will surely come back again, so I hope you will write something more.

• Milton

February 24, 2013 at 12:23

George Clooney is gud .but Noah Wyle is the official Steve Jobs of Hollywood .thts his penearmnt role its like Johnny Depp for Captain Jack Sparrow no one can do it better than him .and he did looked same in pirates of silicon valley .

6. Aron Polee

February 18, 2012 at 19:37

Hi. I clearly would like to firmly make a swift statement and also let you know that in fact I’ve been focusing on your particular wordpress blog for quite some time. Keep up the incredible efforts and I am going to be returning back another time soon.

7. Narty

March 12, 2012 at 10:40

Hi, I’ ve been searching for this kind of knowledge but I couldn’t find any article, untill now :) Than you!. Narty Biebrzychrzowski

8. Narty

March 12, 2012 at 10:45

Hello, I’ ve been searching for sth like this but I couldn’t find anything, untill now :) Many thanks!. Narty Biebrzychrzowski

9. Narty

March 14, 2012 at 10:13

Hello, I was searching for this but I didn’t find anything interesting, untill now :) Thanks a lot!. Regards, Narty Biebrzychrzszczypinski

10. Narty

March 14, 2012 at 10:18

Hi, I’ ve been searching for such information but I didn’t find any article, untill now :) Many thanks!. Regards, Narty Biebrzychrzszczypinski

11. Alexandr

February 24, 2013 at 13:15

long. Thanks to PBS for posting this video. PBS rlcnetey posted a special documentary about Steve Jobs’ One Last Thing . He also predicts that not so far from then, the end-users can plug their computer into a

12. Keyanna

February 24, 2013 at 13:49

You have the monopoly on usfeul information-aren\’t monopolies illegal? ;)

• SuperTramP

February 25, 2013 at 05:16

Best comment in a while! :)

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" - Walt Whitman

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 310 other followers